Life is pretty busy these days…When to find time to brush your dog? I can understand that you feel that way..but here is why you should take 5-10 minutes to do it:)
- You can take the time to do it as it can also be a great bonding time. This routine can be soothing also for you, after a long day at work.
- Brushing helps your dog to distribute the natural body oils across the body. Since your dog is obviously no cat, that groom themselves, your dog needs help doing so. This will make the fur look shinny.
- Prevention of mats. Not only that mats are painful.. they can hide great problems such as skin irritations, wounds or even infection. Nothing shows more careless then having to shave to skin the entire hair of your friend.
- Brushing allows to spot problems such as parasites, bumps, or anything unusual. Some bumps are harmless, but some can mean the difference between life and death, so be careful.
- Reduces shedding. Brush often to loosen hair from the dog. This way it will not be in your house.
- Looking good. Like humans need grooming to look good, dogs do too. Beauty always come at a cost.
- Making your friend comfortable. Mats hurt, while trapped undercoat makes your dog to overheat. No matter the season, help your friend and spend a few minutes together!:)